Eilean Donan Castle by DRW Photography

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Interview with Samanthya Wyatt

Interview with Samanthya Wyatt

1.      Tell us about yourself

I love romance. In my younger years I read every book I could get my hands on. When I couldn’t afford to buy them, I wrote my own stories. Lots of favorite films, but the greatest has to be “Gone with the Wind”. Love scary films too. “Touch” is my perfume. An elusive scent, not overpowering.


I’ve loved blue for as long as I can remember. Never a pink girl. Wonder if that had anything to do with the fire trucks and guns I played with as a child. No dolls for me. I mar­ried a mil­i­tary man, we traveled the United States and abroad. He loves the mountains so we settled in the Shenandoah Valley.


2.      Tell us about your new book?

I’m so excited to talk about “The True One” my sequel, book 2 in the One and Only Series. In the first book of the series, “The Right One”, Katherine’s brother is missing. Book 2 is Stephen’s story—“The True One”.

His ship in splinters and his men captured, Stephen is a broken man. Yet the torture he received by his enemies is nothing compared to the torment he bears from an angel with lavender eyes.
Jennifer left England full of a young girl’s fantasies of romance and adventure. When she cares for a near death captain, memories emerge of the family she left behind. Will the passion they share be enough? He must choose – her or revenge.

My first submission to an editor resulted in a rejection. Being a beginner, I was not surprised. And I didn’t let it get me down. The thing that impressed me the most was a comment—what happened to the brother? She told me the story had holes. All questions needed to be answered.
I worked on my story, but decided Kat’s brother was a story all by itself. Why he was gone for two years, what happened to him, and a love story all his own.


3.      When you write, does your real life spill over into your book at any time?

Finally. I’ve retired from my day job. I don’t have to tell any writer how difficult it is to find time to put words to paper, let alone create them in your mind. But I am finding I do not have the abundance of time I thought I would to contribute to my writing. But a writer finds the time. I’m so proud I finally managed to finish book 2 in the One and Only Series. Now I can concentrate on book 3.


4.      Do you think about a book of yours, being made into a movie, or not when writing?

Don’t see many movies on historical romance, especially regency time period. But when “Pirates of The Caribbean” came out, people loved them. We need more movies involving fantasy. Nearly every show on TV is cops, crime, and investigation. Too much like the 6 o’clock news.


5.      When naming your characters, do you give any thought to the actual meaning?

The regency requires a lot of research and effort with language of the time period, including names. I worry about making a mistake with British slang. I’ve done so much research for historical time period and I’ve studied names to be more authentic and explored their meaning.

6.      What made you want to write and also what made you want to write the genre you are writing?

Ever since I can remember, I have loved curling up with a book. When I was young I wrote poems and short stories. Creating characters and bringing two people together in a romantic tale gives me great pleasure. I had all these ideas running through my head and one day I just put words to paper. The more I wrote the more I became involved with the characters, and they seemed to take a life of their own.

My main love is historical. I would have liked to live in the Regency time period. Dashing Lords and pirates seem so romantic. So historical genre is the one I chose. Even though historical romance is my first love, I also write contemporary romance.



7.      If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?

All the historical romance ladies from way back. Kathleen Woodwiss, Shirlee Busbee, Janelle Taylor, Johanna Lindsey, Jude Deveraux, Catherine Coulter. . .
About fifteen years ago, I wrote to Catherine Coulter and was amazed that she wrote back. I couldn’t believe it. She was very encouraging and told me to join RWA. She said to write everyday even if it was only one sentence. Life got in the way and it was many years later before I finally started writing again. But I contacted Catherine Coulter again. With her encouragement, I never gave up.
I entered a lot of contests, workshops, and made some good friends via e-mails. I try to learn and improve my writing every day. I continue to read romance stories and I must say there are many great authors out there. And I’m proud to be on the list of published authors.


8.      Do you have any tips for our readers that might dream of writing?

Don’t give up!  Keep your spirit!

I often share tidbits, encouragement, support, and other information on my blog. I encourage new authors to visit my website.
No# 1.  Join RWA. From there you learn to do a number of things. You can join chapter groups, critique groups, you’ll find friends and receive a lot of help. Take every workshop offered—GMC, POV, character interviews, etc. Believe me, you’ll be glad you did. Enter contests and keep your mind open. Take criticism as constructive. Make your writing better. Don’t expect success overnight. It is a long, hard process. If you are determined, keep trying. Don’t give up.

9.      Tell us anything you want?

I love to hear from readers. Please visit my website here:  www.samanthyawyatt.com
I invite you to lay the worries of the world off your shoulders and get lost in the pages of a romance, where you embark on a journey with the hero and heroine, become involved in a dream, plunge into a world of fantasy, and live an adventure your heart can share.



Find out what happened to Kat’s brother in the thrilling sequel of the One and Only series.

    
The True One
Captain Stephen Radbourn accepts an intriguing proposition which results in horror. His ship in splinters and his men captured, he is a broken man. A band of rebels rescue their leader from a dungeon, taking the near dead captain with them. Fearing capture and thinking the tortured man will die, they leave Stephen in the care of a woman, who he believes is an angel of mercy. A man of passion, with a trail of satisfied maidens to prove it, he finds his heart captured by the lovely widow. But she forces him to choose—her or revenge.
 Jennifer Faircloth departed England full of a young girl’s fantasies of romance and adventure. Her young husband dies leaving her a widow to survive alone in a foreign land. When a near death English captain is dropped at her door, memories emerge of the family she foolishly left behind. While caring for him, her curious imagination turns to an overwhelming awareness she cannot deny. He must flee for his life and he takes her with him—back to England—back to the family she’d deserted. She wants her family to forgive her, but she wants Stephen’s love even more.


I love to hear from readers. Please visit my website here:  www.samanthyawyatt.com

I invite you to lay the worries of the world off your shoulders and get lost in the pages of a romance, where you embark on a journey with the hero and heroine, become involved in a dream, plunge into a world of fantasy, and live an adventure your heart can share.


Enjoy an excerpt from The True One


He was dead.
He had to be. For serenity enclosed him. Fresh air cloaked him. A cloud of softness wrapped him. Comfort would mean he’d gone to heaven, when he had been destined for hell. Slowly, Stephen became aware of soreness, then stinging, then blinding pain. Sure signs of hell.
The lilting voice of an angel drew him to an unbelievable place of calm. The honeyed sound soothed his mind to a state of ease. Alleviating his anxiety. Diminishing his pain. The most enchanting dream he’d ever held.
 He opened his eyes with excruciating sluggishness. The first glimpse of light splintered his skull with a sharp stabbing. He slammed his eyes closed with a long groan. He’d been denied sunlight for so long, he thought never to see the light of day again.
His insides still stuck to his backbone. He breathed as deeply as his broken ribs allowed, then grounded his teeth over the agonizing ache. Slashing pain shot through his jaw stirring more memories. Oh yes. That had been broken too.
A bed? He took a moment to grasp his surroundings. Unfamiliar hands. Gentle hands. He thought he’d felt movement at one time, dreamed he was in a wagon.
 Flashes of torture penetrated his skull—men with curved knives and jeweled handles, shackles, a pit for a prison cell. He struggled with the bonds squeezing him when the sweetest sound of an angel pulled him from the dark fog. Reassuring hands swabbed a wet cloth over his feverish skin and coaxed him to swallow. Blessed relief to his parched lips. Now he lolled in a bed.
With a sense of unease he pondered his situation, wondering what state of play brought him to this consequence. He inhaled, taking in pleasant air. No stench. No slimy creatures. Where was he? At this point he didn’t care. As long as he no longer suffered the Raj’s torture.
Slowly, and more cautious this time, he lifted one lid to a narrow slit. The swelling around his eye had gone down considerably. He glanced down to find a hand-sewn quilt, like the ones his mother made. Definitely a bed. Which also resembled his English heritage. Had he somehow been transported back to England?
He rolled his head against the pillow’s softness. His mind wandered restlessly through a mirage of shadows. His ribs were on fire. He searched the room. A window stood open and the thin covering wavered as if the wind blew gently to make it dance. A crude piece of furniture beyond the bed with items scattered about. To the right a door. He wondered who was on the other side. Friend or adversary? He closed his eyes for a moment, seeking relief. Ignoring the pain in his skull, he turned his head to the right and saw the delicate creature in his dream. An angel of mercy, with dark hair falling about her shoulders. Long sweeping lashes brushed velvety cheeks. Instant awareness surged through his body. At least the devils hadn’t killed that part of him.
On the heels of that thought, he wondered if she were a maid or the wife of some possessive husband. If she were his wife—perish the thought—he would never leave her alone in any room with a strange man, incapacitated or no. Especially not in close proximity of a bed.
And he was naked. Bare as a new baby’s bottom.


Available at Amazon December 17, 2014.

You can also find Samanthya Wyatt on Soul Mate Publishing, Hearts Through History, facebook, goodreads and amazon.

Buy links:
The True One          http:amzn.
The Right One                    http:amzn.to/1lEk2Qy
Something More     http:amzn.to/1mhTqw4



Thank You so much for doing this
Kimberley (Kimi Minion) Court

I know you said first chapter. It’s several pages and I didn’t know if you wanted that much, so I gave you an excerpt. If you prefer first chapter, I can send it. Just let me know. Thank you so much for hosting me. I’m excited.
My buy link will be available Dec. 17th. I can send as soon as I have it????
Samanthya

Don't forget her party,  This party will be fun and full of great Authors. You wont want to miss it. Dec 17th, 6:00pm - 11:00pm in EST






Also Don't forget Kathryn Le Veque's Party Thursday. She doesn't Host parties so this is a RARE TREAT. Sign up today for a fun and wonderful line up of AWESOME Authors.

   Thursday, December 18 at 6:00pm in EST




And lastly I created a group because I like others out there, forget names of books I have read. I have so many on my Kindle that I cannot remember the name or Author. So I created a book Group for just that. Click Picture to join the group. Ask questions, see if anyone else knows what your looking for.


No comments:

Post a Comment