Eilean Donan Castle by DRW Photography

Monday, August 17, 2015

Author Interview with Tanya Anne Crosby

I am so excited about this. I got to interview Tanya Anne Crosby,    YES you read that right. WOOHOO.
 

 
 
Me: Tell us about yourself

 
Tanya: I was born in Spain to a Spanish mother. My father was American, however and we traveled quite a bit. I learned to entertain myself through my writing, which I began at a very early age. In fact, I can’t recall when I wasn’t making up stories—mostly to entertain my brothers and sister early on.

 
Me: Tell us about your new book?

 
Tanya: My newest book will be a major hardcover release, due out in April 2016. It’s titled THE GIRL WHO STAYED. I’m also busy at work on the next historical romance, titled HIGHLAND STORM. This will be Keane’s story.  

 
Me: When you write, does your real life spill over into your book at any time?

 
Tanya: Absolutely! I take my frustrations out on the characters in my books. But I also take them to great heights.

 
Me: Do you think about a book of yours, being made into a movie, or not when writing?

 
Tanya: Some of my books, yes, but not all of them. I think my books are extremely introspective and that might be very hard to capture on film. Still, there are a few I do believe would make good films.

 
Me: When naming your characters, do you give any thought to the actual meaning?

 
Tanya: Absolutely. I often pore over names and I cannot really get into the book until I settle on the right one.

 
Me: What made you want to write and also what made you want to write the genre you are writing?

 
Tanya: I actually write in many genres. I have written Westerns, Medievals, Highlander, Victorian, Gothic, Georgian, Viking and contemporary women’s fiction and suspense. I will go anywhere a good story will take me!

 
Me: If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?

 
Tanya: I have a great many inspirations but no true mentors. I think of a mentor as being someone who actually helps you to craft your story and hone your skills and really, it’s been more my editors through the years who have done that for me.

 
Me: Do you have to travel much concerning your books?

 
Tanya: I used to travel a great deal more and as I get older, it becomes more and more important to spend time with family and dearest friends. I have so many friends and family that live nowhere near, so when I can swing time away, it’s most often to spend time with them. But I do travel a bit for my books - though much more rarely.

 
Me: What was the hardest part of writing your book?

 
Tanya: I’d have to ask you which book! ;-)

 
Me: When you start writing your book, do your H/H ever talk to you?

 
Tanya: All the time! They are constant voices in y head. And often, if I don’t rush to put down what they are saying, then they move along through the story without me. ;-)

 
Me: Do you ever experience writer’s block?

 
Tanya: No. What I find is that writer’s block only comes if I walk away and don’t come back to work for days. If I allow it to become a block, it will be, and then I’m even more reluctant to get back to it. However, an amazing thing happens when you just keep plugging away. You might write total crap on days one, two and three, but at some point, you get it. It’s way easier for me to edit myself than to get something on the page, but if I force myself to make writing a habit, there WILL be something to edit. I do set daily goals, but mine are modest. I can and have had 10k days, but I give myself permission to stop at 500 words for the day. 

 
Me: Do you have any tips for our readers that might dream of writing?

 
Tanya: Keep writing. Write every day. Persistence is truly one of the keys, and in doing so, you will hone your craft.








From Tanya Anne Crosby's Facebook Page: Ready for a great new contest? This one officially begans on Aug. 15





The MacKinnon's Hope: A Highland Christmas Carol
DUE: October 20, 2015 PREORDER AVAILABLE at Amazon
  

Synopsis:

The MacKinnon’s Bride Missing Epilogue

Eleven years later, FitzSimon is a broken man. He is forsaken, alone, a wretch left to wallow in his grief. A scrooge to rival Ebeneezer, he is visited by the ghost of his dead wife, who has come to reveal what life has been, what it could be, and where it will end if the candle burns out before FitzSimon has made amends.

Meantime, in the Highlands, the MacKinnon clan faces their darkest hour. Their village destroyed by fire, with with winter on the way, how can they rally when whispers of war have now begun? Malcolm MacKinnon, at 17, is ready to fight, but he most prove himself a man before he can wield his sword and join the Highland Guard. A very unexpected "ghost" may yet help him find his way.

For years fans have asked for a MacKinnon's Bride epilogue and here it is, a short story to lend a little cheer for the holidays.



Links:

Facebook

Amazon

Website

1 comment: